Welcome to the House of Bourbon

 


I have been busy since August 3, 2018. I am still writing The Kingdom of the Woodland Realm Trilogy, but now things have changed and another project has been added.

This is the House of Bourbon like you have never seen it before or will again. It is a trilogy just like TKWRT only with historical people. A heady mix of history and fiction that already has readers talking--and we've only just begun. Each book will be the story of a king and his brother. Beginning with Louis XIV and his brother Philippe I, Duc d'Orléans which covers the last book in the series. That is not unusual as I started TKWRT with Book II: The Saga of Thranduil. I am writing XIV.


Yes, this book has a co-author and she is writing Monsieur. Both lives are told from the point of view of the characters just like TKWRT. 

I have found my strength is telling a story from a place of intimacy. I have been told I bring an air of realism that is scary. As with life, if it doesn't scare you, how do you know if you're alive? With no holds bard on life, I do not hold back. I am currently well into the life of Louis XIV, whose tumultuous upbringing has begun to take its toll on an idealistic young king just fresh from The Fronde that nearly tore his kingdom apart.

It can be followed here or at the following places:


Excerpts are written in English and French, but since the author of Monsieur is Italian, she translates things into Italian as well. Since Louis XIV spoke French, English, Spanish, Italian, German, and had a basic understanding of Scots, Latin, Russian, and Arabic, the book itself will have these Languages included. His brother Philippe preferred Spanish to his native French, so excerpts are often posted in Spanish as well.

This book will cover the lives of four kings and close to 200 years of the history of the House of Bourbon. Despite the visuals, this is NOT a fan fiction about the CANAL show Versailles: The Series. Much respect for the creators and the wonderful actors that made the show come to life (shout-out).

 


Let today's parting words be this:


"I am the king in the light."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog